Saturday, November 13, 2010

From the Deep Dark Recesses of the Basement

My dad was doing some frantic basement cleaning today, and he happened to spot a card container amid the clutter. He fetched me, and I examined the contents of the box. Needless to say, I was satisfied. It was mostly things that my dad had put in a case that he'd picked up years ago, and when we dug up all the boxes from the basement, this one got left behind. It was full of Late 70's, 80's and a ton from 1966. I guess you can call these "Cards my dad put in the Basement"

Hall of Famers:
1980 Jim Palmer, which I had.
1982 Phil Niekro, which I had.
1978 Burger King Goose Gossage. I didn't have this one, and it's a cool addition to the collection.
1982, 1983 and 1984 Andre Dawson All Star cards. Musta likes Dawson.

Damn near hall of famers:
1978, 1977 and 1983 Steve Garvey.
1987 Barry Larkin rookie, which I had.

The 1966 Topps:
Norm Cash, Moose Skowron, Jim Brewer, Bob Allison, Sonny Siebert, Art Mahaffey, Roger Craig, Charlie Smith, Jim Maloney, Bob Lee, Dave Nicholson, Grady Hatton, Ty Cline, Jack Baldchun, Al Ferrarra, Bob Miller, Glenn Beck(ert), Bob Priddy, Bill Faul, Chris Krug,

And a bunch of other 1974 stuff. I also got a 1973 Dave Kingman and Joe Pepitone.

No comments:

Post a Comment