Friday, February 17, 2012

Burnett out of town (and take a bus)


Indifference. Pure, unfiltered, unedited indifference. That is my reaction to AJ Burnett leaving the Bronx for Pittsburgh. Why? Because after the 2009 season, he didn't pitch like AJ Burnett.

I thought he was awesome in the 2009 season, and I saw him pitch in the World Series. He knocked those Phils down in Game 2, and won a duel against the ferocious Pedro Martinez, who later proclaimed the Yankees were really his daddy. And I thought he'd be our #2 guy for a few years.

Then...he started being terrible. Then he started being the AJ Burnett we all know today.

The 2010 and 2011 seasons for AJ were injury plagued, and when he wasn't injured he could never get hot. And to be honest, it was pretty much time for him to leave. He didn't meet our expectations, and to be honest I don't think he'll ever reclaim what he had back in the early 2000's.

Still, I hope Pittsbugh enjoys him. It's a cute little team, and I hope AJ contributes his piece to it. And I Hope he isn't...too good.

No comments:

Post a Comment