Friday, November 11, 2011

Nice Bloggers Finish Fifteenth

I was already having a productive day. I'd already had a musing about what could happen in Miami next season (other than uniforms that remind me to never take acid), and was planning on rehauling my wall of customs in my room. I checked JayBee's blog (cause that's how I roll), and was perplexed by his post about John Bateman of Donruss 1982's countdown. This was the first I had heard of the countdown, and I had a thought that JayBee was placed too damn low, at #16. So I checked the site, to see why he was placed so low.

John already had #15 up. That I could understand. Of course, this blogger happened to be #15. (And if you require proof, it is proof you shall recieve). Naturally, I was quite enthusiastic about my placing on the countdown.

First of all, it's a bit of an honor for me. I started with literally no other readers, other than my collector friend Dan (who has since left the blogosphere), and I posted for fun. And after I started doing customs, people started to applaud my work.

Secondly, I find it odd that I was placed one numbering higher than one of the pioneering bloggers in the sphere. Bdj610's blog was one of the first blogs I ventured onto, and his blog is a minor influence of mine. It's a weird feeling, to be ranked higher than one of your heroes. It's almost like winning an Oscar over Jack Nicholson, Leonardo Dicaprio, Matt Damon and Jim Carrey...it's just weird.

Still, I look forward to the rest of the countdown. I don't want to discourage the other bloggers by sharing my opinions on who'll take #1 (though it will probably be Dayf or NightOwl).

Besides...15th is better than nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment