Thursday, November 28, 2013

What I'm thankful for, albeit a bit late

This may be very late, but I figure that I should do something resembling a meaningful Thanksgiving post, even if it ends in two hours. I don't care. Doing it anyway.

So, what the hell am I thankful for?

First of all, my family. My mom, and my dad, who've done a very good job of not screwing me up (though I never said it was a perfect job). This extends to my extended family, including my cousin Dylan, who's eventually going to take me to my first Mets game, my uncle Gary, who usually celebrates the holidays by giving me an unopened wax box from under his bed, and my cousin Kyle, who appreciates the boys in pinstripes as much as I do. Of course, thanks must be given to my Mariners fan Uncle Don, my cousin-ish Pete, the Red Sox fan, and everybody else, baseball or no baseball.

I'm thankful for my friends, as plentiful as they are, and as abundant as they will be. Most especially, I'm thankful for my girlfriend, who is quite possibly the most awesome non-card-related thing to enter my life in the past 365 days. Yes, she beats out the McCutchen game used. And like the aforementioned card, I hope she sticks around for awhile.

I'm thankful for good health, which goes for mine and my family's. A shame it couldn't reach to the Yankees.

I'm thankful for the Packers and Raiders, for at least giving some effort today.

I'm thankful for the radio stations, for laying off the Christmas music until at least tomorrow. Thanks guys. Knew I could count on you.

I'm thankful for the entire community of bloggers, for making my fifth year of blogging one of my most successful, and my most viewed. I'm thankful for my influences in blogging, most of whom are no longer blogging/only blogging sometimes/completely mailing it in. I'm thankful for the people who still read and comment on my blog, and I'm thankful for everyone who still trades with me, which reminds me, there are one or two things I need to get in the mail.

I'm also thankful for the invention of cardblogging, for giving me so much of a good time, and so many ideas to throw onto the interwebs.

Most of all, I'm thankful for baseball. I'm thankful for the New York Yankees, the Philadelphia Phillies, the Baltimore Orioles, and, yes, even the Red Sox at times. I'm thankful it's still as strong of a passion that it was when I started in 2009.

So yeah. I'm thankful for a lot of things. And I'm glad I could share this one too.

2 comments:

  1. It's obvious you don't live in Chicago - 93.9 started Christmas music a week ago. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Philly, they start today. I think.

    ReplyDelete