Sunday, March 23, 2014

Spring Training Custom of the Day: Myers Edition


Sorry about all that dead space back there. Life got in the way. I've had a very busy week. Being a senior in high school is very tough, but equally rewarding. I've been dealing with the perks. All this week, I'll be lucky if I can get any posts in at all.

So here's one of my consistently-awesome customs.

Wil Myers will be lucky if he sticks around for a while. Enough Devil Rays/Rays have had rookie acclaim only to just fall off the face of the earth. Jeremy Hellickson, Delmon Young, Elijah Dukes, Josh Hamilton (bad example), Jeff Niemann, Akinori Iwamura. The list goes on. Only Evan Longoria's really survived rookie acclaim in Tampa and told his tale.

If Wil Myers wants to stay relevant, and not just relevant, but ever-presently relevant (unlike Evan Longoria), he needs to have some really big seasons. This season, he needs to dominate. And by dominate, I mean Sports Illustrated cover domination. Not one, but multiple. He needs some postseason staying time. He needs an All Star appearance. He needs Miguel Cabrera to get injured so he can have a MVP-caliber season.

Will all this happen? I have no idea. He could turn out to be the next Bob Hamelin for all we know. But the great part about baseball is that it's unwritten.

I think.

Coming Tomorrow (?)- One of the best pitchers in baseball, hoping to continue his awesome consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment