Sunday, September 9, 2018

Two More Rack Packs of 2018 Topps Archives (Yes, Still!)

I know there's been a lot of Archives on the blog lately, but A.) it's a fun set, B.) it's a dry card product season, and C.) I'm trying to collect the base set, and I don't think I've reached the halfway mark yet.

So. TWO MORE RACK PACKS. Hopefully there won't be many dupes.

Pack 1-
80- Danny Duffy
75- Giancarlo Stanton. Fantastic, not only is he a Yankee hero right now, but I need him for the base set.
55- Duke Snider. Brooklyn legend.
40- Rafael Devers, one of the cursed Red Sox middle infielders.
82- AJ Pollock, finally staying healthy
10- Lucas Giolito. Thanks to Kopech's injury, might be keeping his job after all.
135- Nelson Cruz. Cruz has hit 39+ homers in every season since 2014. He's at 34 now. 5 in 3 weeks sounds doable.
161- Justin Smoak
164- GLEYBER TORRES ROOKIE. YES!
150- CLAYTON KERSHAW. Nice I pulled this out of a pack, rather than having to pay too much money for it online.
146- Nick Williams rookie
Phillies Future Stars: Hoskins, Williams Crawford. Sensing a theme here?
93 Coming Attractions of JP Crawford. Phils rookie hot pack!
220- Yoenis Cespedes
228- Johnny Cueto. The Injury Bunch, I guess
264- A nice batting cages shot of Frank Thomas
295- Bob Lemon, another guy you don't always see in modern products.
242- Alex Bregman, Astros hero.
I needed ALL of those cards.

Pack 2-
97- Dee Gordon, looking happy to be out of Miami
83- Jordan Zimmerman
39- Adrian Beltre. I kind of like him with a mustache on this card.
91- Garrett Cooper. Former Yankee
4- Jack Flaherty rookie.
7- Orlando Cepeda...AS A CARDINAL. I'd usually flag for excessive Cards pulls, but since it's Baby Bull, I'll allow it.
145- Willie McCovey. Speaking of Giants legends. Nice to have a non-airbrushed shot for McCovey in this design, though I'd have appreciated a later-career photo, rather than this obvious late 60s uni.
178- Satchel Paige. So much respect. Great card, too.
172- James McCann
118- Jacob de Grom. A very fun shot on this one.
110- Matt Olson
Rookie History of '93 Pedro. Somehow, THIS is my only dupe thus far...and it's an insert.
93 Coming Attractions of Victor Robles
281- Xander Bogaerts
230- Alex Gordon
300- The marquee man himself, Bryce Harper
258- Eddie Mathews. I love this card.
265- Victor Robles

So...to recap...out of 32 base cards in these packs...I pulled 32 that I needed, which should pull me over the 150 mark. My only dupe was an insert. And I still really, really like this set. I'll probably see if I can squeeze maybe a few more set needs out of my next Target expenditure, but...I might put a want-list up for this set relatively soon, for anyone who wants to dump any '18 archives they don't need. I don't trade often, because of some social anxiety stuff that I've been meaning to do an editorial post about, but throwing these on a wantlist would at least be a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment