I just don't get this Pie in the Face gimmick.
First they do it to all the Yankees, now they do it to the promising stars. I mean, I don't get it at all.
Seriously Topps? You get the license to make baseball cards independently, and you completely....mess it up by putting in random gimmicks that don't make sense??? I mean...I just don't know what to think anymore.
But still, here are 5 reasons I will buy 2010 Series 2
5. those 2020 inserts. They sound like a cool idea. I always thought about how cards evolved. First they were black and white squares, then they were colorized horizontal paintings, they they were vertical color photos on cardboard, then they were colorful glossy photos, and now they're pretty much the same. I think a future baseball card will be a hologram that changes photographs with the push of a button. If technology advances in the next 10+ years.
Yes, I am a geek for saying that, but moving on...
4. Completing the Yankees and Phillies. I'm starting to get a hankering for my Jeter, my Raul, my A-Rod, Howard and Rollins in the 2010 design. And I'm pretty sure they'll look awesome.
3. The Rookies. Most notably, Austin "The Man" Jackson and Justin Heyward. Those are the two rookies that I'm looking forward to the most. I guess they'll leave Heathcott and Strasburg for the update set, to leave collectors at bay.
2. The old players in new designs insert set. That has always intrigued me, putting old players in new designs, or new players in old designs. That why I love making those customs so much. Because it creates a time machine (theoretically of course). But I love the idea of seeing Reggie Jackson in an older design, or other players like that.
1. You knew I was going to say this- More Cards that My Mother may or may not have thrown out. Even though I have yet to finish Series one's yo mamma cards, I will be hankering for some series 2 ones.
Well, that's my rant about series two, and pie gimmicks.
By the way- are there any Red Sox fans out there who would like a 2010 National Chicle Jersey card of David Ortiz, before I burn it. It's a plain white Jersey, but I really don't want to sleep at night knowing that I posess a card of the enemy (Hey, it could have been Youklis). I will throw in some other BoSox stuff, to get rid of other blasphemous items.