Thursday, September 6, 2012

Custom Card of the Day: Price Edition

 

Right now, David Price is one of the best pitchers in the AL. You ask someone to rile off awesome pitchers, and David Price is usually among the first five. Verlander, Sabathia and Price is usually how it goes. And that's good.

I'm not a fan of the Rays, by any stretch. To be honest, I probably wouldn't like them if they were in any other division as well. But Price...he's just a great pitcher. He throws strikes, he jumps to the top of the stats, he racks up wins. He's a strong pitcher for the modern ages. And I'm kinda glad he's been throwing well this season.

Then again, the AL Cy Young race is tighter than a Cheesecake Factory at 6:30. You have Justin Verlander, who's having a beautiful season, Chris Sale, who has broken out tremendously, CC, who's been dominant whenever he's healthy, and Price. Those four have been commanding the talks, but while the talk is mostly Verlander vs. Sale, it's kinda odd that Price isn't up there with them. Chris Sale's star has fallen since the All Star Break. Price has done the opposite, having a great July and August.

Again, the Cy race is too close to call, but if David Price gets it, I'll be satisfied.

(But a little bit more satisfied if CC Sabathia gets it).

Coming Tomorrow- Stop me if you've heard this one before: an oft traded corner is sent to Toronto, where after awhile he blossoms into a hard-hitting outfielder. And no, not Bautista. Bautista, while on the DL, didn't land on the home-run charts, and on the minds of most sportswriters.

2 comments:

  1. Might you make another custom of my friend Brent Lillibridge on the Indians? Maybe in the 82 or 84 Topps design?? Keep up the customs. I love coming to your site everyday. Oh, and I am always up for one more Matt Kemp custom. I know...a broken track. 85 Topps?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely do another Lillibridge. He deserves another one now that he's off the Red Sox. I'll work on that this weekend.
      As for Kemp, I might wait a bit for that, since I've done 5,000 Dodgers lately, but I'll probably get around to it soon, if not for Year by Year Customs.

      Delete