But who am I kidding. Back to the box break. Eight packs are left, and we haven't had any non-base inserts, even though we're supposed to get those. This post will change that.
I absolutely love that Wil Cordero card, especially considering that it's a Virtual Reality insert. So blue.
But, we did get a pretty big insert in this pack, and it's timely.
Also, I'm glad I got a Thomas, being that he'll be in bronze come July.
Pack 19- Another double-heavy pack, though this one had a lot more going for it.
This would be my box hit, as it is 1:24 packs. As box hits go, it's pretty damn nice.
Pack 22- Proving my awful collation, the big Frank Thomas insert shows up AGAIN, along with the Larkin and Konerko. However, this pack also yielded an awesome base card.
And that Bob Hamelin insert is ALSO a Clear Cut insert, though it's not as cool as the Kirby Puckett. Any Bob Hamelin superfans can take it out of my hands, if they wish. I just find it awesome that that insert was seeded 1 in 24, and I got two in one box, which is nice. Kinda takes the sting out of the whole 'Bob Hamelin' thing.
- A Best Seat in the House insert of Joe Carter, two years post homering off Wild Thing.
- An awesome shot of Julian Tavarez throwing peanuts/pistachios/some nuts into his mouth.
- A great, zoomed back shot of Jose Lind.
- Paul 'The Warrior' O'Neill.
- An ultra-serious looking Ben McDonald, back when people still thought he was a good prospect.
So, that's the box. I don't know if I'll do another one of these for a while, but they're fun to do, especially Stadium Club ones. I might do another one of those, or something like Collector's Choice, sometime in the near future.