Thursday, July 23, 2020

Toddfather of All...


Todd Frazier is one of those guys you can't help but root for. I'm from New Jersey, and my relatives are from around Toms River, where Frazier made a name for himself as a Little League World Series winner. I loved him in Cincinnati, in Chicago, in...yeah, in New York, and now he's wound up in a very interesting Texas Rangers team.

The rotation, of Kluber-Lynn-Minor-Gibson-Lyles...holy crap I wanna see how that gets through 12 cycles. Even if, god forbid, one of them disappoints, the stuff from the other 4 would still be insane. That might be the single best rotation in the AL West [A's come close], and I'm just really excited to see that in action.

Frazier fits into a slightly-less ironclad lineup, but having Joey Gallo, Elvis Andrus, Shin-Soo Choo, Rougned Odor and Danny Santana together and consistent will certainly help. I do worry that after Frazier's less-showy seasons with the Mets, his days of hitting 30 home runs and chasing power might be ending soon, but having him in there with a younger squad certainly helps.

It is gonna be interesting to see how the AL West goes with 4 of the teams trying to complete with bulkier lineups. I kinda wan the Rangers to speed ahead, but I know how tricky the other 3 can be.

Coming Tomorrow- Veteran SF pitcher back to his old tricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment