Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Manny to Tampa: I can now hate the Rays again

This is kind of old news, but I just found out a few minutes ago, so my instict as a blogger is to rant about it.

Manny Ramirez was aging, desperate, and needed a team. He failed to win over people with the White Sox, so he went and signed with Tampa Bay. And while it may be good for Tampa fans, however few of you there are on the blogosphere, it's not good for Yankee fans. Cause now, Ramirez will be playing us a lot more.

I explained my massive hatred for Mr. Ramirez is a post last year, the day he ventured to Chicago. I said that while he may be a decent player, he still caused me great pain in his days with Boston, and he has been my least favorite player ever. Seriously. Ortiz looks like a freaking Saint compared to Manny. And just when I thought we'd never have to contend with his steroid injected ass again, he's shipped to Tampa. Isn't that great?

When all those players left Tampa at the end of the year, I thought I was saved. The Rays were a major contender last few years, and thankfully, Crawford, Pena and Garza are now gone. Now, they still had Evan Longoria, David Price and BJ Upton, but they were still dimished from the team that almost won a World Series. They add Manny, and while they may still be a minor setback, they have Manny Ramirez, and imagine what he'll do against the Yankees. He'll hit dingers out of the park.

And in even worse news, there's a rumor going around that Manny may be reunited with former terrible person Johnny Damon. This is bad news. I've tolerated Damon since his days with Boston, mainly because for four seasons, he was a member of the Yankees. And those 4 seasons completely took back anything against him, and his 4 seasons with Baaston. And now that he's signing with the Rays...it looks like nowhere is safe. Manny and Damon combined with Longoria might be pretty bad news. They might not even play together, cause Damon or Ramirez have to vy for DH.

On a lighter note, I don't think we'll need to worry about Toronto anymore. Vernon Wells, the only person on that team worth giving a damn about has been traded to Sluggerland, USA, also known as Anahiem. He'll fit in well with the Angels, but Toronto adds to the list of teams that will not be a problem for us (Right there with Baltimore)

I just hope that Damon deal doesn't go through. Manny on the Rays is bad enough. Manny and Damon...that's even worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment