Friday, August 17, 2012

Because I have to have an opinion on this...

 

After a few overly complicated designs in the 2000's, Topps has finally stamped out a string of basic, simple and cool designs, with the exception of this year's. Now here comes the 2013 set.

I will not lie and say I love the set, but I think the 2011 set and 2010 sets are slightly better. I love the design, and I think it's fun, and reminiscent of the early Upper Deck sets. No real problems, just not as awesome as 2010 and 2011. Those designs were solid and memorable.

I checked the inserts, and am happy with all of them. The whole 'Chase" thing is a clever theme, and a lot of the insert sets look cool, not contrived like this year's sets. And the 1972 minis I love already.

I already have very high hopes for this set, and I haven't even seen this year's Update set. It's that good.

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty happy with the inserts too! I'm stoked for it's release.

    ReplyDelete