Sunday, August 5, 2012

Custom Card of the Day: Dempster Edition

 

First of all, I have to comment on that beard. It's almost Wilson-esque

I think that this guy was the Cubs' best pitcher for a while back there. I don't think he's as good as he was, as he's beginning to fade slightly. Matter of fact, the fact that Texas snatched him up when he did is kinda weird, seeing as how he's a bit past trade bait. He's gotten old, and while he still can pitch, he's not 30 anymore.

The Rangers need Demp to be a solid starter in a sliding door rotation. People are going in, going out, and the need a constant that can get the job done. Can Ryan fufill that? Judging by the last start, the future looks a tad rocky, but you never know.

Also, I apologize that I've never made a Dempster custom until now. Oh well.

Coming Tomorrow- I've always had a soft spot for this guy. Now, as he becomes the fifth of the most dominant rotation in baseball, this will be tested. 

2 comments:

  1. Ryan's been outstanding this year. He's also a great clubhouse guy (if that matters). I'm sure he wouldn't use it as an excuse but the last couple of weeks must have been tough on him. Hopefully he'll bounce back in his next start. Now, Geo Soto ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...is wondering when the Rangers will release him back into the wild.

      Delete