Thursday, August 30, 2012

Custom Card of the Day: Trumbo Edition

 

Okay, that's probably one of my favorites of the year. By far.

You know...I think most of the country feels really bad for the Angels. They get baseball's biggest star to play for them, and they go absolutely nowhere and end up circling third. That's incredibly sad for a team touted to win the World Series. It's kinda sad, in a way. But I digress.

The two big stories from Anaheim were the rise of Mike Trout and the slow incline of Albert Pujols' power. And yet there was no attention toward one of their bigger hitmakers, Mark Trumbo. That's also pretty sad. He hits home runs, plays his position well, and has two stellar seasons in a row...and all people care about are the aging hitter and the rookie hitter. It's a tragedy.

The good news is that next year I imagine the Angels will do much better, and Trumbo will finally get his due.

Coming Tomorrow- Ya know...sometimes I customize people because they're hip that week, sometimes I customize people because they're a favorite of mine...and sometimes I customize people because they play on my favorite team, and I need another one to put on my wall. Tomorrow is one of those. 

No comments:

Post a Comment