Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Uncustomed Heroes of 2014: Yankees

YES! I'M FINALLY DONE WITH THESE! IT ONLY TOOK ME THREE AND A HALF MONTHS, BUT I'M DONE! FINISHED! KAPUT!

Now I get to talk about the 2014 Yankees. Wonderful. The world-famous one-legged potential-killers.

Mark Teixeira was one of the few guys that did his job relatively well last year. He hit a great deal of home runs and returned to his serviceable qualities of before his injury-prone seasons. He's saying he's back in full force for 2015. I hope he's right.

This guy had a very, very nice season as our closer, before promptly saying 'screw you' and high-tailing it over to Chicago. This would be more disappointing if we didn't have somebody else in line, like...

DELLIN BETANCES! This was a guy I thought would make the team in Spring Training 2012. Sadly, he didn't, and didn't get playing time until rocking a set-up man role in 2014, gaining him a nice little ASG nod. Now is his turn as full-on Yankee closer, and I imagine he'll be pretty great.

I didn't think it would happen, but Brett Gardner has become a very trustworthy outfielder, having played in a number of nice seasons and hitting a lot of home runs. A guy I thought would be trade bait has become one of the team's most tenured members and best hitters. Way to go, man.

And then there's this guy. I'll be honest, I waited this long to make an Ellsbury custom because I kept waiting for a good enough photo. One didn't come along until very late in the season. So...I just made do with what I had. Ellsbury had a decent enough season, but hopefully will have a bigger year in 2015. I'd like some 2012-era numbers.

Well...if I had any customs from 2015, I'd post them tomorrow.

Oh, wait. I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment