Thursday, June 20, 2013

Custom Card of the Day: Cano Edition


Robinson Cano is the only Yankee who is currently worth his pay. He's hitting like crazy, not getting injured, getting lots of All Star votes, all the good stuff. Really, he's one of the few favorite players who I can still count on, as Jeter, A-Rod, Teixiera and Granderson are all hurt, and Rivera's on the way out.

The only downside to all this is that there's a chance he might not be playing for my team next year.

I mean, ever since I got into baseball, Cano's always been there, randomly popping up and then taking control of everything. Initially, I thought he was one of those players that only Yankee fans really knew about, like the rest of the world wasn't really opened up to him yet.

And then, of course, he got good, and everybody saw how awesome he was, and he got like 50 all star nods. And now he's at the point that he's so good that he could be playing 2nd base for, like Boston or Detroit next year. Actually, I bet that if the Yanks don't take him, the Tigers will gobble him up. Not the Angels, because they have Kendrick. The Tigers will just, out of absolutely nowhere, take Cano if the Yankees don't.

Although part of me thinks that Cano would rather stay with the Yankees, and stay with the team that made him so good, than just risk becoming expendable somewhere else. And something tells me Cashman would rather spend money on him than on Granderson, which is sad because he's one of my favorite players.

So, whether he stays or goes, Cano is, and always will be, really awesome at playing 2nd base.

Coming Tomorrow- Four years ago, he was the best pitcher in the AL. Now he's probably one of the best pitchers in the NL. Seconded only to his team's first starter.

No comments:

Post a Comment