Saturday, June 1, 2013

Custom Card of the Morning: Grilli Edition


First of all, I love that throwback. That's just too cool.

I feel like Jason Grilli is one of those players that's just been around for too long and deserves a big break like this. I remember he was with the Tigers for a while, on those teams that either had Joel Zumaya or Fernando Rodney as a closer.

Thankfully, now he's pitching beautifully as the closer for Pittsburgh. I'm very happy for the Pirates, because they really deserve a season that's worth more than just 3rd place. The division is currently wide open, as the Cardinals, Reds and Pirates are all circling around the top 3 spots. The Pirates have a chance of taking the wild card, unless the Cardinals rotation succumbs to the firey death previously expected for David Freese.

I really hope the Pirates finish well, and I hope their closer is on the same page.

Coming Tonight- another 90's Upper Deck custom, plus May in review.

1 comment:

  1. I high appreciate this post. It’s hard to find the good from the bad sometimes, but I think you’ve nailed it! would you mind updating your blog with more information? Access Cards

    ReplyDelete