Monday, May 28, 2018

Baseball Road Trip 2018: A Preview


I haven't been doing a ton of posts that aren't customs thus far, and I'd like to apologize for that, as a lot of my creativity has been funneled elsewhere, especially since graduation. I am trying to go towards other places, like bringing back Nostalgic Box Breaks, as I do have a few cued up ready to go.

But, as this is a week out, and I don't like doing things like this without telling you, readers, I feel as though I should inform you that starting next week, I, along with my folks, will be embarking on a weeklong baseball road trip. And a pretty cool one at that.

Long-time readers (wait, shit, DO I EVEN HAVE THOSE??) may remember I did a similar trip in 2011, touring the parks of Washington, Pittsburgh and Cleveland...as well as doing a Chicago-style trip in 2015. But...I figured I'd get a bit more ambitious. So, in addition to hitting 3 major league parks I've never been to, I'll be notching off a bunch of minor league parks I've never been to as well. Because, despite living near Trenton, I've never really taken advantage of local minor league baseball teams. So, in addition to MLB parks, I'll be getting cheap MiLB tickets, scouring gift shops for affordable cards of prospects, and taking it easy.

An agenda of sorts:

Tuesday 6/5: Hagerstown Suns (Nats A affiliate), Hagerstown MD.
Wednesday 6/6: West Virginia Power (Pirates A affiliate) , Charleston WV
Thursday 6/7: Cincinnati Reds (vs. Rockies) at Great American Ball Park
Friday 6/8: Toledo Mud Hens (Tigers AAA affiliate) (Toledo, OH)
Saturday 6/9: Detroit Tigers (vs. Indians): Comerica Park
Sunday, 6/10: Toronto Blue Jays (vs. Orioles) at Rogers Centre
Monday 6/11: Syracuse Chiefs (Nationals AAA affiliate), Syracuse, NY
Tuesday 6/12: Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Railriders (Yankees AAA affiliate, Scranton, PA

That is a lot of baseball packed into a week's worth of entertainment, and although not all of it will be good baseball, it'll still be entertaining. Bet on some recap posts with pictures to follow each game, at least eventually.

This won't start until next week, but I'm alerting you all now, in case you wonder why blog activity will be more unusual starting then.

No comments:

Post a Comment