Sunday, October 5, 2014

ABOUT DAMN TIME!


Let's refresh the obvious.

It took EIGHTEEN INNINGS for Game 2 of the NLDS to end. EIGHTEEN INNINGS. Keep in mind. It took nine innings to tie up the game, and then it took NINE MORE INNINGS for NEITHER TEAM to do JACK SHIT.

I'm sorry, but that isn't the most interesting baseball game to attend, or even to watch at home. It was just three hours of sitting and waiting for things to happen. If I wanted to do that, I'd go fishing.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm all for baseball being tough, and well-matched, but it must have been pathetic to watch a succession of people not scoring any runs. You don't watch the playoffs to see that.

Thankfully, Brandon Belt got the memo and ended up ending the game with a huge hit, and giving us another Giants victory, which I can deal with. As long as it means the game is no longer going on, it's fine with me.

Monday night will be in San Francisco. Hopefully the game will end at a reasonable hour, even by San Francisco standards.

No comments:

Post a Comment