Wednesday, August 15, 2018

The Stars are Out: Shiny and Oh So Bright Edition


I haven't really been able to lampshade my own pop-culture preferences as much as I'd like during the return of Stars are Out, mainly because I've been showcasing a lot of ex-MLBers. Well, today, I figured I'd change that.

This is Jimmy Chamberlin, one of the single greatest rock'n'roll drummers of the post-grunge era of rock and roll, the premier kit-man for the Smashing Pumpkins, a sentimental favorite band of mine. While I'm slightly puzzled that they didn't just get the face (and neck) of the band, Billy Corgan, to throw out the first pitch at their hometown stadium, Chamberlain is arguably the more important musician, and possibly the bigger Cubs fan (I can't imagine Corgan watching a full baseball game and remaining enthralled).

I cooked this up quickly, which explains why this isn't as filtered as usual, because I needed to get it on the blog; besides, I'd just done a package of musicians on Stars are Out customs a week ago, so my only other option would be waiting until I encountered like 3 more music people, and I wasn't gonna do that to Jimmy.

So, I'm glad I was able to make this one, and push it out. And I'm glad most of the original Pumpkins lineup is back, and touring, as well. Just seems right.

No comments:

Post a Comment