Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Chippah



Every team has that...monarch. That player on the team that everybody looks up to, and doesn't even try to be better than. The Yankees have Derek Jeter, the Mets have David Wright, the Mariners have Ichiro, and the Cardinals have Pujols.

Then the Braves have this guy. I can think of 29 other teams who are jealous. Because this guy, along with 3 other Atlanta players, ruled the 90's and 2000's. He may not have come up first, and at times I thought he was overshadowed by Maddux and Glavine, but he still powered through.

Now, with his hand needing surgery, it's unlikely that he's come back for the 2011 season. I guess Jason Heyward has big shoes to fill.

If this is your last season Chipper, then goodbye, and see you in Cooperstown. If it isn't, you've got a few years left of wowing Atlanta fans, and I'll still see you in Cooperstown.

(Does this post make me look like a Braves fan? It's not like I'm kissing up, it's simply respect.)

Coming Tomorrow- THIS post will be kissing up. I gotta do a post about a former Red Sock whose socks have turned white.

No comments:

Post a Comment