Friday, October 13, 2017

ALCS Preview: Heavy Favorites vs Eternal Heavy Favorites


Yankees-Astros ALCS. You know, as vain as I am, I would have never called that in April. I would have said something silly like Astros-Indians.

I remember the Yanks-Astros matchups during the season being pretty evenly matched, and I imagine this one's gonna be no exception. I'm expecting Hinch to reach into the rotation and use Collin McHugh and Lance McCullers in addition to the surprisingly awesome blockade of Keuchel-Verlander-Peacock-Morton. They have depth, and they'll use it. The Yankees, meanwhile, are gonna batter these guys done with their core four starters (Tanaka, Gray, Severino and Sabathia), with maaaayyyybe an appearance from Jordan Montgomery?

Either way, I'm excited, and, like the Indians-Yanks series, I'm perfectly fine with either team winning, though, of course, I'd prefer it to be the Yankees.

Also excited to see how the NLCS rolls out, though I'm guessing the winner will be the team that didn't have an airborne sickness go around their club airplane.

No comments:

Post a Comment