Saturday, October 21, 2017

Sounds About Right


...Yeah, I would have called something like this. Dodgers-Astros. Not necessarily a bad thing. I just wouldn't have called the route we took to get there. I wouldn't have called how unlikely of a choice this matchup would have been.

But still, with the amount Evan Gattis and Jose Altuve were able to take us, and the dominance displayed by a rejuvenated Justin Verlander, it's pretty obvious that the Astros deserved to win this series, and...might make this World Series one for the ages. If anybody can take the Dodgers 7 games, it's the Astros.

As...for the runners-up here...


As much as I wanna be a numbskull and brag that this was our year, and say that the Astros had no right...that's not it at all. We had a very lucky October, one that should have ended long before it got going, and the fact that we were able to chase the Astros for 3 games back there is pretty marvelous. I kinda knew this outcome would happen, as optimistic as I am usually, and I was still perfectly alright with it happening, as the Astros are likable, if still ferocious, team.

So yeah...as sad as my Yankees' departure is...we've got an Astros-Dodgers World Series coming up. That's a nice matchup. Especially considering the fact that the Astros have never won a World Series, and haven't been since Roger Clemens was their top ace...and the fact that the Dodgers haven't been to a World Series since Kirk Gibson was their DH.

Fun times are ahead. Very, very fun times.

No comments:

Post a Comment