Sunday, October 8, 2017

Playoffs Update: Where are we now?


We're 2 games into every series, and while I could kind of see how some of them are going to go...at least one of them is pretty open-ended. At least the Nationals were kind enough to win a game last night, so it wouldn't be yet another 3-game NLDS.

At this point, I'm rooting for either one of them to take it, because I enjoy the Cubs, but I also want the Nats to finally get further in the playoffs. So I'm glad that one's tied. As for the other ones...

Yeah, that bit I had about the D-Backs coming alive...not really happening, is it? I mean, they're giving their all, but the Dodgers seem to be 20 steps ahead, and everybody, even the bench, is going wild on them.

If they win Monday night, Arizona's done, series starts in LA. You're handing the best team in baseball the momentum if that happens. I kinda want the D-Backs to win one more, just so the Nats/Cubs can have a leg up.

Meanwhile, in the AL...

Again, I saw it coming, that the Astros would be dominating Boston....but not like this. This is embarrassing. Boston's falling apart at the seams, and they're a shell of the team that won the division. It's gonna take one more great game by Houston to finish them off, and...it's looking like that game might be today.

And then...

Yeah, to be honest, I saw this one coming too.

The Yankees had no chance. We're a good team, but...the Indians are 1st seed for a reason, and they've been killing us even when we've thought we had it. Today, we're gonna have to play for our lives, and even then, if we do win, I still don't think we have the series. The Indians are just too good, and they might have the Series. Even if they do win, I can't root against them.

So that's the picture. Let's see if it changes tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment