Saturday, August 26, 2017

Things Have Gone South (Side)



To quote Michael Che, "...I don't wanna do this..."

I look at the 'Top 12' players page for the White Sox on Baseball Reference, and I just see a sea of guys who aren't on the White Sox anymore. Todd Frazier, Tommy Kahnle, Anthony Swarzak, Jose Quintana, Melky Cabrera, David Robertson, Dan Jennings. All gone.

And everybody else other than Jose Abreu and Avisail Garcia is either injured or slumping. It's just...not fun.

I saw this team play in 2015, and I saw promise in the lineup. I saw this team building on a youth movement and stacking itself properly...and that did not happen whatsoever. They put emphasis on the wrong parts of the team, pissed off their star pitcher so much that he jumped to Boston, sold everybody else away and...this is where we are. I have no idea how the White Sox can pick this up, because both top prospects that had been entrusted to them, Lucas Giolito and Yoan Moncada, are currently doing terribly.

I mean, yes, Jose Abreu and Avisail Garcia are doing well, but the pitching is sort of rallying behind a mediocre Derek Holland performance, there's no bullpen left, the bench is scarce, and...it's just not pretty. Not even remotely.

Maybe there'll be a silver lining in about two weeks when I have to talk about the White Sox again.

Coming Tomorrow- Another team I don't enjoy writing about, this one an NL Central team who, sigh, still thinks they're a competitor.

1 comment:

  1. Hey - I have to have hope for my team. At least Hahn is doing it right. If you are going to blow up a team, fully blow it up.

    ReplyDelete