Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Custom Card of the Day: Beltran Edition

Back in February, when all of the Spring Training photos come out, it is a Mint Condition tradition to make a 'wish-list' of sorts, of all the recently-traded players that I desperately need to make customs of. Some of the more obvious ones were up first, like Robinson Cano.

Unlike a lot of other years, there are a lot of people that are on that list that I still haven't customized. And a lot of them are Yankees.

If you've been watching the blog carefully, you'd notice that Carlos Beltran, Jacoby Ellsbury, Brian McCann and now Brandon McCarthy haven't been customized. The only excuse I can make is a genuine one- they haven't had really good photos.

I had to dig deep for this Beltran custom, but I keep checking Ellsbury and McCann's photos for something outstanding...and I never find it. It's very infuriating, because I want to customize these guys. These guys are playing pretty well, at least for 2014 standards.

It's similar to last year, where I waited to long to make one for Kevin Youkilis, although unlike Youk these guys haven't made as many trips to the DL. I have opportunities. I just don't have good photos.

Long story short, if you see a Jacoby Ellsbury custom in the near future, expect it to be really good.

Coming Tonight- A Cardinals' prospect that has been doing rather well lately.

1 comment: