Monday, August 11, 2014

Custom Card of the Day: DeGrom Edition

Greetings from Lake George, New York!

I know, this is the exact same place I go every year, and there's no use making it any different, but let's just pretend that it is. Either way, I'm sitting on the front porch of my cabin with my Staten-Islander cousins. One of them's a Mets fan.

He's not just a Mets fan. He's one of those Mets fans that believes that in exactly three years' time, his team will be the best in baseball, and have the best pitching staff, and have the best record in the NL, and yada yada yada.

The trouble with Mets fans is that they don't usually score very well in the common sense department.

I will admit that Jacob DeGrom is a fantastic pitcher, and he's good for the club. If Harvey, DeGrom, Gee and Wheeler can all stay healthy, they can possibly do a lot of damage. However, pitching only gets you so far. What the Mets lack is offense. They have a lot of young, speedy players who hit little bloop singles, and only one or two real power hitters like Daniel Murphy or Lucas Duda.

So...can it happen? It's too soon to say. I wouldn't put money on it though.

UPDATE: Wow. The day I post this, DeGrom hits the DL. Just my luck.

Coming Tonight (?)- Big Papi.

1 comment:

  1. As long as the Wilpons are owners the Mets will continue to be bargain bin shoppers.I'm still not convinced they've recovered from the Madoff incident but only time will tell I guess.And yes,I'm a Mets fan. Love the card btw!

    ReplyDelete