Monday, August 25, 2014

Football Custom of the Day: Manning Edition


Here I am, in Purchase, New York, close to Westchester and White Plains (I've heard that they throw a mean card show). For the first time in my life, I am surrounded by Yankees and Mets fans, as opposed to the plethora of Philadelphia Phillies fans that used to crowd the scenery everywhere I went. And it's pretty nice to be around all these Yankee fans.

The only downside is being an Eagles fan around all of these Giants and Jets fans.

Don't get me wrong, the Giants are a fine team. I even have a Michael Strahan jersey hanging next to my LeSean McCoy jersey in my dorm, just in case. They're a good team, and I rooted for them to win both Super Bowls (because screw the Pats). But...you see, Giants fans don't really treat Eagles fans too kindly, as retaliation for all the general asshole Philly fans who dump beer on the Giants fans.

True story- I once went to an Eagles-Jets game, and not only was their a beer-dumping, but there was a full-fledged fight. Like, fisticuffs. And both fans were from opposing teams, and drunk. So really, there's a reason our fans get a bad name. We're really awful.

So now I have to be quiet while I see all of those Eli Manning jerseys, and Victor Cruz jerseys, especially on Sundays on campus. And I am definitely not looking forward to my first Eagles-Giants game. That won't be fun at all.

So...I guess I'll just go along with everything. Besides, if the Eagles do well and the Giants don't, I might look like some kind of fortune-teller.

Coming Tonight- This time last year, the Pirates were the ultimate MLB story. Sadly, this year is not the same story, as a Pirate All-Star fights for a piece of the glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment