Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Custom Card of the Day: Dickey Edition


I know this one's kinda long awaited, as Dickey hopping the border to Canada was one of the offseason's biggest moves. Now, about a few weeks after I should have, here I am showing you my Dickey.

Aim the boos and spoiled tomatoes at the chest. Keep my face out of it.

All jokes only 13-year-olds find funny aside, Dickey's move to the Jays was one of the biggest of the offseason, as New York's decision not to resign him was incredibly bold. It's not like he just won the Cy Young or anything, guys. Then again, after what the Rays did to the man that threw their only no-hitter, I'm not surprised.

Dickey's 2012 season was one to remember, as it was one of the finest showings from a knuckleballer since Phil Neikro and Charlie Hough ruled the roost. Also, it was a commanding presence from one of the worst teams in the league, containing a pitching staff comprised of two injured pitchers, a few pitchers no one has heard of, Chris Young, and someone resembling, though not confirmed to be, Mike Pelfrey. So it was a pretty big deal.

It's very odd why the Mets would just show him the door, but I can understand they're too busy giving David Wright money to be the 3rd or 4th best 3rd baseman in the league, so it fits. Keep such classic players like Ruben Tejeda and Daniel Murphy in exchange for letting go one of the best pitchers of the year.

It's not like I'm bitter or anything, I'm just confused that the Mets would have done that. Maybe they saw that R.A. wouldn't have quite the season he had this year than he will in 2013, which very well might happen. Still, if they held onto him, it would have been much more advantageous in my opinion.

Alright, I'm getting off my soapbox. Please don't hurl anymore tomatoes at me as I lower them. I mean the Mets fans no harm whatsoever. I just think they should have kept him is all.

Coming Tomorrow- Thanks to the incompetence of zimbio's staff, my supply is running low. So low that a B-lister Korean player recently traded to another side of Ohio is finding himself in the first three weeks of customs. For the second year in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment