Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Custom Card of the Day: RAAAUUULLL Edition


Well, after a few days of photo drought, and an incident in Baltimore that won't go unblogged-about, I finally have another Custom up, and am hoping to reclaim my consistent last few weeks. Although, Zimbio will probably stop putting up good photos the second I get a nice cache of customs together.

But onto the card, of a man who's played for my two favorite teams, Raul Ibanez. Man, what a raw hitter. He's not good for anything else other than hitting you out of a game. Raul became the first player to have two consecutive games with postseason homers after being brought in later than the 8th inning, which is a very specific feat. But, thanks to him, the Yankees clobbered the Orioles in the ALDS, and Raul's homers sure helped.

Now, he's found himself back where he started. The Mariners saw Raul as a rookie, reacquired him in 2004, and lost him again when he signed with Philly in 2009. Now, they have him back one more time, only now they really need him. Last year was a poor year for the Mariners, as they relied too much on stars that couldn't get them very far (Looking at you, Figgins). Now, with a lineup built around people like Raul, Michael Morse, and a surprisingly-rebounding Jason Bay, they could theoretically end up in 3rd or 4th, depending on how the Rangers and A's finish.

Still, Raul still hits like he's young. I would suspect him of using Bartolo Colon's Cuban Mystery Cream, but I have so much respect for Raul that I don't want to put the thought of him taking steroids into my head. Because then it'll end up happening. And I don't want it to.

Coming Tomorrow (Yes, I actually have one planned for tomorrow): A former Phillies prospect looking to keep his new team from sinking even further.

No comments:

Post a Comment