Sunday, August 28, 2011

Custom Card of the Day: Thome Edition


I realize that yes, I promised to post a Kerry Wood custom today, but when one of your favorite non-Yankees returns to his old team, and hits a homer there, you have to commemorate.

There isn't much to say about Jim Thome that hasn't already been said. He's one of the nicest guys in the majors, and him coming back to his old team after 9 years likely proves that. The Indians fans still love Thome, which says a lot about his repuation. I enjoyed watching this man play for my team for three years. I went to Phillies games all the time back then, and I loved watching Thome...I thought he was something south of a legend.

I'm just so happy that his original fans can watch him play for their team one last time. Because if he retires after this season, this won't be the last time they see him wearing an Indians cap. He'll be wearing one on his plaque in Cooperstown.

Coming Tomorrow- Finally I'll post Kerry Wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment