Monday, July 6, 2015

The 2015 All Star Game Starters: My Reaction


More people voted for Josh Donaldson than anybody else on either roster.

That alone blows my mind.

I mean, yeah, No Yankees, 4 Royals, and a few worthy players sneaking in last minute, but more importantly, Josh Donaldson getting a ton of votes, mostly from people who hate the Royals, got the most votes out of anybody.

I'm not mad. I'm surprised. I would not expected somebody like Donaldson to field that many votes. He is, indeed, a great player, especially this season, but it's weird how many votes he got. Sort of like how last season the top AL vote-getter was Jose Bautista, another Blue Jay. Those Jays fans are fierce.

Alright, let's get to the starting lineups, because that's all ESPN has for me to react to. I purposely missed the actual broadcast, because A.) No way, and B.) I was watching more important things, like the WOMEN'S WORLD CUP FINAL!

But yeah. Starters.

AL:
1B: Miguel Cabrera, Tigers. AKA, the right choice. Sadly, Cabrera's on the DL, so it's very likely that Eric Hosmer is going to replace him. At least that's who I'd choose.
2B: Jose Altuve, Astros. I voted for him. I was worried that Omar Infante was going to win, because he hasn't done a hell of a lot this season, and would be waltzing to the ASG on fan fumes alone. Altuve has a reason to start. He's had an amazing season so far, and is bringing that team back into the subconscious.
SS: Alcides Escobar, Royals. Of course he got my vote. Not a ton of options at shortstop this year. And Alcides is the best one.
3B: Josh Donaldson, Blue Jays. As discussed, I'm happy with this.
C: Salvador Perez, Royals. I voted for McCann, but Perez is still a great choice for it.
OF: Mike Trout, Angels. Because who the hell else are you gonna vote for?
OF: Lorenzo Cain, Royals. Yeah, he's having a great season, and he's becoming a very strong player over time.
OF: Alex Gordon, Royals. I'll give the Royals fans this; at least all four guys that made it in are really good picks, especially Gordon, who's come a long way from being a rookie prospect.
DH: Nelson Cruz, Mariners. Again, of course. The guy's killing it.

NL:
1B: Paul Goldschmidt, D-Backs. The guy's unstoppable this season. He's singlehandedly keeping the D-Backs at third. THAT takes skill.
2B: Dee Gordon, Marlins. I was very worried this spot would go to Kolten Wong, but thankfully Dee prevailed, as he's having a monstrous season.
SS: Jhonny Peralta, Cardinals. The 'Aramis' pick. As in, he's in, and I haven't really heard a ton about him this season, and I'm not really gonna argue.
3B: Todd Frazier, Red. THIS ONE I'm overjoyed about, because it was between him and Carpenter at the end. Frazier is having a huge season, hitting a ton of home runs, and he's local.
C: Buster Posey, Giants. Another very nice choice, as he's piling up RBIs like he never has before.
OF: Giancarlo Stanton, Marlins. Sadly, somebody else is going to have to replace him, and I really don't know who at this point. I'd guess Joc Pederson.
OF: Bryce Harper, Nationals. Completely deserves it. He's having the season Nats fans have been waiting for.
OF: Matt Holliday, Cardinals. I don't think his season wholly merits a AS nod, but still...he's a great player, and he'll be fine. So, I won't argue.

Tonight, the rest of the rosters come out. I'm not gonna see the special, because I'll be tending to more important issues, like a Foo Fighters concert, but I'll post about the rosters sometime after.

No comments:

Post a Comment