Monday, June 20, 2016

Buc Wild


The one thing that kind of kills me about baseball is that it's always in flux. Things always change. Nobody can stay in one place forever, unless you're the Cubs.

I was perfectly fine with the Pirates being in 2nd and the Cardinals being in 3rd. This was a perfectly good outcome that I was absolutely content with. And then it had to change. The Cards had to get better, and the Pirates had to get worse.

I have too much respect for the Pirates to see them losing like this. They have a pretty well-rounded roster, with a ton of players with the right idea. They have the most consistently-impressive outfield in baseball, and have people like Gerrit Cole and Jameson Taillon who can strike people out. Their main problem is roster depth, and since some of the bigger guns left last year, they're running out of that. The Cards, meanwhile, are not. They have enough people down the pipeline that they'll probably a contender for the next 20 years (though hopefully not).

I'm gonna be spending a few weeks in Pittsburgh next month, for something resembling business, and I will have to catch a Pirates game. Hopefully by then, they'll have turned around. I hope for their success, because they're a fun team. They just need some details to turn around in order to get past the Cardinals.

Coming Tomorrow- Earlier his team had no shot. Now they're in third, and he's one of the best hitters on the team, so things are looking up, I'd say.

No comments:

Post a Comment