Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Custom Card of the Night: Gray Edition


I mean...I knew the A's would disappoint this year, but not THAT bad...

Other than a few games against the Yankees, the A's have been pretty unspectacular, shorn from their star players of yore and not hitting for shit. True, Josh Reddick and Stephen Vogt are hitting, but those are some of the few pieces that are working. Billy Butler and Ben Zobrist, who they got to hit, aren't really doing very well.

The one silver lining of all this madness is that Sonny Gray, who's slowly been maturing into an ace before our very eyes, is in top form this year, with a high ERA, and is easily the best pitcher on the team. I knew, when he showed up late in the 2013 season throwing fire, that he'd be pretty big once he got a steady footing in the majors, and sure enough he's been unstoppable, with a 6-2 record this early in the season.

It's bittersweet. I'm not sure if the A's are going to amount to anything in 2015, but I want Sonny Gray to. I want a symmetrical year from him, which means I want his start to be as good as his finish. I want him to land in the Cy Young voting, somewhere high up.

Coming Tomorrow- The Dodgers have been hot for most of the season, but most impressive is their newest acquisition, a powerful second baseman who's been hitting very well as of late.

No comments:

Post a Comment