Saturday, June 27, 2015

Why don't we just FORGET THE MOOSE...FOR A MOMENT!


"...right."

I remember the Sports Illustrated article from a couple years ago, I think 2010. And they were saying 'In five or six years, people are gonna be scoffing at a time when nobody had heard of Mike Moustakas'. And the article hyped up Hosmer, and Alcides Escobar (I think), and all the big guns that were coming up in that farm system, and how Ned Yost had things under control. And it was one of those things where I didn't know whether or not it was actually gonna happen.

I mean, SI's screwed up before. 1987, they said the Indians were gonna do amazing things with Joe Carter and Cory Snyder. Well, Carter did end up winning a ring, but it was with Toronto five years later. They also said the Cubs were gonna win the World Series in 2004. They didn't.

It wasn't until this year that I began to see their point. Before then, it was Eric Hosmer doing a ton of the work, and Moustakas doing *some* stuff, not really making a huge impact. Now, Moustakas is the guy who's hitting for average, smacking RBIs and dominating that portion of the third baseman voting (you know, like the rest of the goddamned team).

I'm happy for him, and I'm happy for that Royals team, because they deserve all of the good things that have been happening as of late. Moose needed a season like this one to prove he can take control, and I'm happy he's succeeding like this. Besides, he already had the Royals fans in the palm of his hand. He just needed a little push.

Coming Tomorrow- Once again, Lincy and Cain are injured, which means it's time for the now-most-important piece of the Giants rotation to take complete control.

No comments:

Post a Comment