Monday, December 30, 2013

Uncustomed Heroes of Baseball: Yankees

 This was a crazy year for my Yankees. We didn't make the playoffs, but we outdid everybody's expectations by not coming in dead on arrival. We had people like Ivan Nova that stayed consistent and kicked ass, even when everyone else was mediocre.
 We had people like Vernon Wells, who was a complete surprise, and who outdid everyone's expectations in returning to his home-run-hitting form for a couple months.
Lastly, we had people like Andy Pettitte, who finished off the season, and their career, with a bed of Yankee fans cheering them on, and with a supportive fanbase. I made this custom back when he retired, and I was gonna post it, but never got around to it. I'll miss Andy especially, even though he got overshadowed by Mariano Rivera, which is understandable.

This Yankee team was fun, and it was sentimental. Without Rivera, Cano, Granderson and Pettitte, the team's gonna be very different in 2014.

I'm back on the East Coast by now, so expect one big end of the year post tomorrow, and I'll get to the best customs of the year sometime in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment