So here's what everybody thinks is going to happen in 2018:
- Everyone thinks the New York Yankees are going to be this unstoppable, monolithic force that's gonna come back and go for a title, and while that's an awfully nice thought, especially considering the force of two major home run hitters on the lineup, we're not exactly certain that this is gonna work quite yet. We don't know if Judge is a one-year thing, we don't know if Stanton can have another year like 2017, and we don't know if this formula is one that works, but everyone seems to think it will. So...sure, it might.
- Everyone thinks that the Astros and Dodgers are going to make serious runs at the World Series again, possibly being successful for the latter, but we all know how hard it is for a team to get back to the World Series a year after being in it (just ask the Indians). Both teams could be great, but it's too early to say if either one will be THE GREATEST.
- Everyone thinks that Ronald Acuna, Scott Kingery, Gleyber Torres, Ryan McMahon and Shohei Ohtani are gonna be incredible from the getgo, but it may not be that simple, and it may take a while for all of these rookie prospects to prosper in the bigs. Hell, Ohtani may end up being a failed experiment from LA. We don't know. My eyes are on Kingery and McMahon to make the most of their roster spots right now.
- Everyone thinks that Yu Darvish in Chicago is gonna be electric. The guy's had off seasons. You've seen them. This may be one of them. But don't have a stroke if it is. Remember, it only took a year for Zack Greinke to bounce back.
- Everyone thinks that Topps cards kinda suck this year. They do. Next
- Everyone thinks that the aborted free agent class of this year is going to lead to insanely mad trade deadline and 2018 offseason. It might just lead to a ton of people getting traded late August, and Topps having heart attacks to try and get them all in the 2019 set. It may be another misladen free agent year like this one. Maybe free agency's going downhill for good.
And that's what everyone thinks is gonna happen in 2018. Let's see if any of these are right.
Coming Tomorrow: Probably a custom? They need to come out with some baseball photos, and I have a feeling there might be a few of those from today.