Saturday, February 9, 2013

Four

"...I shoulda yelled 'two'!"

The doldrums of February have givdn me an entire week with absolutely nothing to post about. I realize I could have done something on the Super Bowl, but I highly doubt anybody in the blogosphere missed that.

Good news is that today, February 9th, I have something to post about. Today is Mint Condition's fourth anniversary. And it feels great.

I realize that most of the big bloggers will be hitting their 5th and 6th anniversaries this year, so I'm one of the relatively younger elders. But still, I've had more than 1,000 posts, made hundreds of Custom Cards, and become one of the cult successes of the blogosphere. What I mean by that is not everybody knows I exist, but the ones that do really like my work.

So, what's in store for the next year? Hopefully weeks that are unlike the one that preceded this post. I wanna be more consistent in terms of posting, customs, and everything. I wanna have almost as many posts as the year has days, which is a pretty nice ambition. I wanna make better customs than the last 4 years combined. Maybe I'll start scanning the cards I pull, since that's what seems to make the blogger audience happy.

I can already say that, in a month, I'll most likely be going to Baltimore for something relatively huge for my family, and I can say that numerous baseball games are already being planned. And yes, there will be tons of cards. Hell, you might even see some this weekend.

As for whether I'll ever stop blogging...I've got a year and a half before I go to college. I have no idea whether by that point I'll still wanna do this, but I think I might. But you have to remember that when I started, I was a 7th grader who had too much time on his hands. Now I'm a Junior in high school, one whose free-time is declining slightly.

One could never be sure when the love for blogging and card-collecting will cease, but this blogger hopes it won't be anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment