Friday, October 12, 2012

Start Spreading the News


I was asked to go down into the basement, sometime during the 6th or 7th inning, to get something. As I went down, I quipped to my dad, sheltered around the TV, turned to TBS,that the second I'd get down there, somebody would hit a home run.

I was really close to being right there.

By the time I came up, I witnessed the instant replay of McLouths long drive crossing behind the foul pole, and heaving a sigh of relief. Knowing the umpires, I had an idea it'd be fair.

Of course, the second I leave to make the bed, I come back down and the bases are loaded in the bottom of the 8th. Thankfully CC fanned both batters, and made way for a breezy ninth.

All I can say is that it was a miracle that we got through tonight without breaking, because there were moments where cracks were starting to form. I'm really happy the Yankees held that lead, and that CC kept pitching consistently.

So now, we play Detroit, the long awaited, oh-no-not-this-again matchup. And it's gonna be even more nerve-racking than the Orioles series. If they wanna get to November, they need to get through Justin Verlander, Miguel Cabrera and the rest.

And that's tougher than any Oriole they faced tonight.

Congrats to the Yankees, and good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment