Thursday, September 11, 2014

Custom Card of the Day: Ichiro Edition

I think it's kind of fitting that we post a card of a New York Yankee on the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. Because people want us to remember, I guess. My uncle saved a lot of lives that day, as a fireman. Don't worry, he's still around. This isn't gonna be one of those sappy stories where I talk about the people who died. There's already enough of that today, and while I don't disparage it...I really don't have much to add. I was a kindergartener when it happened, and all I remember was leaving school early.

Wish my 9/11 anecdote was more interesting than that, but I'm a bit young. Sorry about that.

We should probably get to talking about Ichiro Suzuki. I'm guessing this is going to be his last season, unless he goes somewhere else next season, hopefully still in the AL. Honestly, I'm really glad I could see him play for my team, because he's such a fun player, and he's definitely a Hall of Famer in a few years. Plus, people in twenty years will still be calling him one of the greatest hitters in baseball history.

Who knows, maybe next season he'll return to Seattle. But either way, his career's a landmark one, and I'm glad he was a Yankee.

Coming Tonight- A member of the Washington Nationals.

No comments:

Post a Comment