Tuesday, September 30, 2014

AL WILD CARD GAME: Underdog-Off

Tonight, the very first playoff matchup of the year takes place, between two really, really fun teams, the Royals and the Athletics. Both used to be leading their division. Only one can advance.

James Shields will be the starting pitcher tonight, as he has gradually become the ace in Kansas City.

Meanwhile, Jon Lester will start for Oakland, as he's used his move to Oakland as an opportunity to become one of the best pitchers in the league. Also, he's used to the pressure of the playoffs, as he was literally just there last year.

I'll be honest, I have no idea who is going to win tonight. I feel like I don't want either team to lose, because I want both of them to advance. Can't we just trade one of them for Detroit? They've been in the postseason a billion times lately. Argh, but that can't happen.

I do love both teams, and while I think that the Royals have the most fun team of the two...

The A's are going to win. Again, I could be wrong, but it looks like they have the more powerful team, and they have the better chances of advancing. But it could go either way.

Hopefully tonight's game will be a lot of fun, and not infuriating, or marred by an infield fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment