Saturday, September 13, 2014

Custom Card of the Day: Severely Unfortunate Timing Edition


To quote the sheriff from Blazing Saddles, "aw, prairieshit".

I made this custom yesterday, midday, when the Orioles were so far out in front that I kind of HAD to make a custom of one of their stars, and Crush fit. And I planned on posting it very soon.

Well, leave it to Crush Davis to make me regret it.

I mean, usually people wait until AFTER I've posted a custom of them to do crazy stuff (be thankful I didn't have an Adrian Peterson custom made). But Davis was nice enough to get caught for using Adderall RIGHT when I was going to try to make good with all the Orioles fans I frustrated last week.

If it makes you feel any better, O Nation, it looks like you guys are gonna win the division Crush or no Crush. And I doubt that it'll make too much of a difference. I mean, in Oakland, you take away Yoenis Cespedes and the whole team falls apart. In Baltimore, you take away Davis in a comparatively down season, it's not like that. It's not like taking away the magic hat. You guys still have Jones, Markakis, Young, Schoop, Hardy, and tons of other really nice hitters.

Besides, we're going into a postseason with potentially no Phillies or Yankees. Which means I'll probably be rooting FOR the Orioles. You read that right. NOT AGAINST. FOR. I actually enjoy watching Orioles games. I've been to a few. They're awesome. I only thought otherwise because I forgot to check how many games out of first my team was, mistakenly thought "four", and typed away.

So yeah. I hope that clears a few things up. As for me, I'll be making a custom of an Oriole that won't get busted for drug use.

Coming Today (?)- One more guy who definitely won't be making the playoffs, and he's a rookie for a Cubs team full of 'em.

1 comment:

  1. If it makes you feel any better about your Davis custom, this didn't get nearly the airplay that his suspension got, check out the link on Roch Kubatko's blog and give it a read. Totally restored my faith in Davis. People make mistakes and I'm thinking he has learned from this. Adderall didn't make him hit 53 homers last season, that's for sure. Anyway, here's the link:

    http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2014/09/more-details-on-how-davis-helped-accident-victims-1.html

    ReplyDelete