Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Custom Card of the Day: Martin Edition

Wow. Did you think this would be the face of one of the best catchers in the NL.

I mean, not while he was with the Dodgers. While he was with the Yankees. Did you think he'd get back to the top? I certainly didn't. And now here he is, one of the surprisingly consistent anchors of a vengeful Pirates team, fighting to get back to the top.

I've always had a soft spot for these Pirates teams, the McCutchen led ones, because I think he's a great player, and because the teams are always a lot of fun. Martin is just adding the fun in. I didn't really like him as a Yankee (neither did anyone else), but I think I like him again.

I want the Pirates to get far in the playoffs. I'm not exactly sure that they will, but I want them to. I want somebody to root for this year.

Coming Tonight- One of the best pitchers in the AL, on the exact team that nobody wants him to be on.

No comments:

Post a Comment