Sunday, October 12, 2014

WONG ANSWER!

Funny...isn't October supposed to be the part of the year where Kolten Wong screws up?

Last year, he did a good job of ruining everything for the Cards when an error by him led to a crucial Red Sox victory in the 'Why God Why' World Series. But this year, he made it a point to give the Cards the lead, and the win, by throwing in a home run at the end there. And while I appreciate the fact that someone other than David Freese can be the hero for the Cards...I would kind of like them to lose the next three games. It would make it a lot easier for me.

Don't take this the wrong way, St. Louis fans, but I'm a little tired of the Cardinals getting to the NLCS every year. When I say every year, I mean EVERY YEAR since 2011. Your team has not sucked ONCE in those years. Hell, the last time you didn't make the NLCS, guess who did? The Philadelphia Phillies. Guess where they placed this year? Last.

I know what's coming, too. "Oh, nice of you to speak, Mr. Yankee fan. Bet you never got tired of US complaining when you got to the ALCS every year in the 2000's." Yeah, I know, but in case you haven't noticed, we've done the MLB a great thing- we suck now. Ever since 2013, we've made it a point to let the rest of the league catch up a bit by getting injured, mailing it in, and not hitting. Of the four years that the Cardinals have made the semifinals, the Yankees have made it once, in 2012. Truth be told, I really don't think we should have won it that year. I think the Orioles should have won it. And I'm not saying that to get the O's fans back on my side. I'm saying that because the Yankees won in a squeaker. The O's were playing better than us, and we won anyway. And then Detroit swept us. So really, the Cardinals are the new Yankees. Not the Rangers. Not the Dodgers. The Cardinals.

I'll bet you a shiny nickel that despite what happens this postseason, despite the players who'll leave, enter and jump out the window in St. Louis, I will be saying this exact same shit a year from now. A shiny nickel that the Cardinals will be in the NLCS next year, too.

It could happen. It may not. That's why it's a nickel. Nobody freaks out over losing a nickel. So...let's see how the next year goes.

But for now...let's see how the Giants can rebound from this game, that went terribly, terribly Wong.

No comments:

Post a Comment