Saturday, August 13, 2016

I've Played All My Cardinals


The Cubs, last I checked, are 12 games ahead of the Cardinals.

...I love baseball so much. You couldn't have called something like this 4 years ago. No chance.

The Cardinals don't have half the team they usually do at this point, because the pitching's not close to ready, a lot of the main offensive producers are injured, and the two guys who delivered the spark last season, Jason Heyward and John Lackey, are...playing for the team that's 12 games ahead of them.

And yes, there are some nuggets of good offensive production, like Stephen Piscotty, Matt Carpenter and the guy at the top of the post, Randal Grichuk. There are some great, young players on that team, and guys who are doing things right, but the core is aging, and the guys who are being brought back to be great...aren't doing their best.

As one of the resident Cardinal haters on the blogs, I should be laughing in their faces, and I am...a little bit. But I didn't think they'd be THAT far behind. I didn't think it'd be that much of a landslide. I'm...happy they're not right there with it, but...I'm kinda shocked they went that far.

Coming Tonight: The catcher for one of the best teams in the NL.

No comments:

Post a Comment