Friday, July 13, 2018

Two Surprisingly Fresh Rack-Packs of 2018 Stadium Club

Yes, more Stadium Club. I know. But it's a great set, it's surprisingly collectable, it's got nice inserts, and I enjoy the fact that Stadium Club is this good. We haven't always been so lucky. So, I got 2 rack packs from Target. I knew that, having busted a lot of this product, I might be subject to dupes, but I kept an optimistic mindset, and I think that helped:

Pack 1-

 Okay, so...already, you can see I'm happy that I picked these up. That Ohtani card is currently stymying some pack-searchers, so it's nice that I nabbed that by accident. The Sano and Delmonico are also great cards, as they embrace static moments without feeling boring. And the Shaw is great because of Shaw's passion.

But yeah...I got an Ohtani card. That's nice.

 These three are dupes, but I love them so.

 IN ADDITION TO MY OHTANI BASE, here's a Shohei Ohtani INSERT, on the Never Compromise set. THAT is nice, as this one definitely credits him as a pitcher, as opposed to the base card, which is neutral.

And here are four more awesome base cards, including Margot making a diving catch, Polanco goofing around coming up the stairs, Longo as a Giant, and Hunter Pence looking awesome as always.

 Pack 2-
The Scribner may be the best photo here, but it's nice to see Eric Hosmer in the correct Padres uniform. I do enjoy that. And Ramirez' intensity on that card is nice.

 The Sale card I'd heard a ton of great things about, so it's nice to finally have it. The Buxton is a great, underrated running card, that's a bit better than Buxton has been this year.

 Two more awesome horizontal shots- Chapman going for an insane fielding play, and Kenley Jansen, a black parallel, stepping in late in the game. The Jansen's dramatic elements work for it.

 The Ripken is a very nice early-90s action shot, which is welcome here. The Posey is a dupe, but I won't say no to it.

And we end with two AWESOME shots of Pittsburgh Pirates, who, along with the Polanco from earlier, have been giving some good cards in this set. Not Red Sox good, but still good.

So, that was my incredibly lucky break. I was expecting 22 dupes. I only got 4. And some Ohtanis, to boot.

No comments:

Post a Comment