Sunday, July 29, 2018

The Stars are Out: Hall of Fame Induction Edition


It's becoming pretty weird to me that a lot of the guys I saw play baseball when I was a kid get inducted into the Hall of Fame. I've made customs of a lot of these guys, and now here they are, in Cooperstown, getting inducted. Crazy stuff.

So, here are some more additions to the Stars are Out series I've been doing, showcasing all three of these guys throwing out the first pitch at games. I couldn't get photos of Vladimir Guerrero, Jack Morris or Alan Trammell, so we'll just feature the other three.

Trevor Hoffman goes first, because it took him the longest of the core four to get here. Hoffman is a San Diego legend, one of the greatest closers of all time, and deserves to be here.

And here's Larry Jones. Looking laid back, yet still owning his achievements in Atlanta as a landmark third baseman and legendary hitter. He also deserves this induction.

And this guy...one of my childhood heroes, and a guy who got me into the Phillies as a kid...is one of the strongest hitters I ever got to see live, and was a Hall of Famer even before he wore a Phillies uniform. I'm glad he finally got there. Jim Thome is a legend, and deserves to be enshrined, even if he's not a Phillie on the plaque.

So, congrats to all Hall of Famers. They all deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment