Saturday, November 24, 2018

A Still-Fresh Blaster of 2018 Stadium Club

Today, I began scouting for a big reorganization project I'm doing for the house, and more specifically for cards. The goal is to either clear out some space in certain card-holding parts of the house, or to (eventually) lead to a downsizing of extraneous cards in the collection. I've had an idea of just dropping shipments of unneeded dupes or cards to people who might need them, but I've lacked the noiv (TM Cowardly Lion) to actually go about doing so. Possibly intertwined with my anxiety towards trading in general.

In addition to filing supplies, and extra binders, I figured I'd throw in some actual cards. Sadly, everything on the shelves right now is either something I've already collected most of (Update), or products I'm really not interested in (Fire, Chrome Update, etc). Target did happen to have one last blaster of Stadium Club, which, despite pulling a ton of the product already, I won't say no to. It's already one of the best sets of the year, as well.

Pack 1-
155- Francisco Mejia
1- Sandy Alcantara. Impressive that this guy, yielded in the Ozuna trade, gets #1 status. His rookie season was a bit quiet, tbh.
182- Aroldis Chapman
23- Carlos Martinez. Black foil.
120- Breyvic Valera. Very Cards-heavy. I only needed Alcantara.

Pack 2-
38- Jake Arrieta
173- Anthony Banda
10- Matt Kemp
299- Trevor Story
202- Yoan Moncada, in a great shot. Only card I needed

Pack 3-
59- Yonder Alonso
94- Justin Upton
296- Jackson Stephens. All three are dupes
Never Compromise insert of...RHYS HOSKINS. Yes, a non-dupe insert, and a much needed Phillie.
267- Avisáil Garcia, in another nice shot. Also needed it

Pack 4-
253- Aaron Nola
143- Tim Locastro, now a Yankee
201- Kris Bryant
63- Ian Kinsler, now a free agent
55- Lucas Giolito. ONCE AGAIN, my only base need happens to be a member of the White Sox. Very interesting

Pack 5-
52- Paul Goldschmidt. All of the cards in this pack are probably needs, but this one I'm not sure on.
258- Kenta Maeda. Same with this one
Power Zone insert of...Carlos Correa. Nice one, too
79- Mike Clevinger. A very cool card, complete with 70s pink, and a possible need
98- Jon Gray. Needed this one as well

Pack 6-
Jen-Ho Tseng. This is a card I need, but not someone i collect
169- Lewis Brinson. And we're back to dupes
249- Nomar Mazara
196- Pat Neshek! Might need this one?
87- Nicholas Castellanos. Also might need this one as well

Pack 7-
231- Julio Urias. Most of these are needs
273- Kyle Schwarber
252- Felix Hernandez. Cool card, but the sole dupe in this pack
Special Forces of...Jose Altuve. More Astros inserts!
146- Lance McCullers. And a really cool base shot of an Astro, as well

Pack 8-
68- Ozzie Smith. I believe I need this one
108- Erick Fedde
78- Yoenis Cespedes
36- Gerrit Cole. Last 3 have been dupes
272- Salvador Perez. A need, and such a fun photo to go out on.

Not a lot to write home about, but even a dull box of this product still has its highlights, and it's still a very fun set to break. I imagine the only other SC you'll see will be from card show posts...like one coming next weekend...

1 comment:

  1. I opened one of these recently and I saw some pretty similar collation. No duplicates, at least.

    ReplyDelete