Monday, May 31, 2010

Vintage Wax Break- 1981 Fleer Baseball Stickers

A friend of a friend gave me some card stuff he didn't need anymore. It included:
  • Complete Set of 1986 Topps
  • Signed Rangers Puck
  • 1956 Topps Yankees team card
  • Box of 1981 Fleer Stickers.

I had never seen those stickers, so I opened the box. Not many stars, so I'll give a pack by pack rundown, and one highlight per pack

  1. Jim Palmer. Pack also included Greg Luzinski and Davey Lopes
  2. Johnny Bench. Also included Bill Buckner, Jose Cruz, Looooou Piniella
  3. Don Sutton. Also included Ron Cey, Tommy John
  4. Rod Carew. Also included Sparky Lyle, Dan Quisenberry, Tug McGraw
  5. Carl Yazstremski. Also included Bucky Freakin Dent
  6. It's a four way tie! This was the best pack I opened- featured Mike Schimdt, George Brett, Willie Stargell and Nolan Ryan.
  7. ...followed by the worst pack. The highlight was Dave Kingman, I guess.
  8. Another Four Way Tie! Jim Rice, Rickey Henderson, Rich Gossage and Reggie Jackson!
  9. Alan Trammell. Also included Dave Parker.
  10. Bruce Sutter. Also included Graig Nettles, Al Oliver
  11. Reggie Jackson. Also featured Willie Randolph
  12. Reggie Smith
  13. Andre Dawson. Also featured Tony Perez.
  14. It's a tie! Steve Carlton and Robin Yount.
  15. Rollie Fingers. Also featured JR Richard, Ken Griffey
  16. Cesar Cedeno.
  17. Joe Morgan. Also included Dave Concepcion
  18. Pete Rose. Also featured Paul Molitor, George Foster.

I ripped half the box, so I could save the other half for something else coming up. But overall, nice product. The photos aren't the best, but hey, it's 1981 fleer. What were you expecting, the MoMa?

I might go out later for some Series 2, if my target actually has some for once.

1 comment:

  1. from the 1981 Fleer Stars Stickers, I'm only missing the no-numbered Reggie Jackson checklist.

    Did you get that card, and would you trade it? I have quite a few dupes to swap.

    ReplyDelete