Saturday, March 7, 2015

Spring Training Custom of the Day: OH WOE IS ME Edition

I can't.

I can't do this.

Just looking at that custom makes me cry a little bit. I can't take it.

It's bad enough that I lost one of my favorite shortstops last year. It's even worse that my 2nd favorite shortstop got traded to the Dodgers. I mean, I don't have any ill will towards the Dodgers. They're a great team, and I love a ton of their players. This is just...hard to look at. I can't stomach it.

It's like seeing Craig Biggio in an Oakland Athletics uniform. Or seeing Cal Ripken in a Colorado Rockies jersey. Or seeing Ichiro Suzuki in a Marlins uniform...OH WAIT. THAT'S HAPPENING. DAMN.

It's just unnatural. Jimmy Rollins is supposed to always wear red. Any other color looks...wrong. Seeing him in Dodger blue is weird, and I don't know if I'll get used to it. I mean, this is his only way of getting back to the playoffs, because he likely wouldn't have with the Phillies. But...Rollins will always be a Phillie in my mind, and when he retires he's going on the Phillies' Wall of Fame. I just...it's a lot.

I still want him to have a great season. The Dodgers are probably going to do very well, and Rollins needed some rejuvenation. I just...I want him to come back to Philly when all of this is over, like what Torii Hunter is doing. He took some time, made a bunch of playoff runs, then came back home for one last hurrah. Jimmy Rollins should do that. It would make me very happy.

But for now, I'll just have to sit through seeing this a couple hundred times. It'll be alright. I have to keep telling myself that. It'll be alright.

GOT TO WALK...OUT OF HERE...I CCCAAAAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE...

Sorry, I don't usually start singing Peter Gabriel. I'm just very emotional. Don't mind me.

Coming Tomorrow- A much happier post. With a much happier player. Probably a wonderful sophomore talent in Cincinnati.

No comments:

Post a Comment